cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing MDB files

Editing MDB files

A lot of users wouldn't have Microsoft Access installed for editing databases.

While some databases have a means to edit them (catalog database for example) there are other databases that don't have this option.

Can there be an editor built into ACADE for those that don't already have a means to edit them.

The main one I'm thinking of here is the database that controls what the default component brand shows when selecting from the catalog.

I'm sure that there are other databases that could benefit from this.

Regards Brad

3 Comments
iancross
Advocate

i Totally agree, i mean you can edit the catalog via the catalog browser inside ACADE but yeah if you want to edit the schematic lookup its not possible, but the MDB needs to go and SQL or SQLite (Plant3D) style database needs to come in, een something similar to inventor like the IDCL files, Inventor has a content centre editor which can access the files and modfy what is needed.

You have my vote

I agree Brad, but I have had to repair soooo many databases where people have hacked their databases directly with Access but didn't understand the rules for formatting the tables.  Theybhave deleted fields, reformatted fields and added irregularly named tables via Access, instead of using the Add Table tool under Project Other Tools.  I discourage people from editing with Access but they do need to be able to edit the _LISTBOX_DEF table that you are referring to.

Hi iancross...there is an editor for editing the Schematic Lookup database.  It is located under Schematic Other Tools.

Schematic Database File Editor.jpg

rhesusminus
Mentor

Just wanted to let you know; I use this freeware a LOT for working with MDB-files. http://www.alexnolan.net/software/mdb_viewer_plus.htm

It's really good value for money 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta