cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Wire Numbering Format

Additional Wire Numbering Format

Could ACADE have an additional wire format to pick up on the pin number the wire is connected to?

6 Comments
mathalekar
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hello David,

Do you have some specific examples & Standard compliance to refer to  ?

dbrblg
Collaborator

Hi,

When we do our pneumatic circuits, we use the pin numbers to number the pipes so its origin and connection port can be located.  So for example, if we have a solenoid valve Y123, the pipe numbered 1234 will go to solenoid Y123 port 4 and the pipe numbered 1232 will go to solenoid Y123 port 2. 

Its a kind of extension of the electrical numbering where the device and connection port is identified as opposed to the device and column number for electrical components.

I hope this helps?  If not let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like this idea. Many companies (mine included) tag wires with the terminal or pin number information where the connection should be.

This means each wire has two names ( so the existing wire numbers concept doesn't work). That, in turn, means we do not use the wire numbering tools at all. We have to use the output from the From-To wire list to create a tag list to print on the wire tags as an entirely separate process.Seperating processes invites errors, and we get plenty of wasted tags from errors. 

If Wire numbering could be expanded to capture the from/to information, then it could easily be presented as source / destination tags, split up and reported directly from the drawings instead of a large "overkill' report.

Additionally the wire number tools could be used to mark wires, which would be a great aid in troubleshooting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My company is heading towards that system of wire labeling too, I would also like to see this bleed through to the source and destination arrows, instead of adding a description it automatically shows up with the pin or location codes of the linked components.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words, From/To wire tagging.  I have seen several LISP routines published on the web that will acomplish this (by analyzing the From/to information that is already part of the wire and termination data set).  It should not be all that dificult to add this "technology" and an option in the project configuration "Use From/To wire Tagging."

dbrblg
Collaborator

One thing I would like to add about this is that the proposed numbering scheme would, for us, only apply to pneumatic diagrams.

We'd still require either the adility to choose different numbering schemes for different pages in the project or some intelligence where schematic and pneumatic symbols are recognised and the numbered accordingly. 

This would require some way to define numbering schemes for schematic, pneumatic (and other) component types to be placed in the page setup for each page or in the project in the case where an intelligent system is available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report