AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which software is suitable to draw 3D electrical panels??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4781 Views, 4 Replies

Which software is suitable to draw 3D electrical panels??

I use AutoCAD Electrical to draw schematic circuits....now i am invovlved with a project in which i have to draw a 3D design of the electrical panel drown in AutoCAD Electrical. unfortunatelly AutoCAD Electrical has no ability to draw 3D model of schematic design....What should i do??? is there any software to do this??? a software that has ability to exchange schematic information(symblos....wires and etc) with AutoCAD Electrical???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

for 3D you can use inventor, there exist an interface between inventore and electrical. At the moment more für Wire INformations tha for parts but give it a try

Message 3 of 5
ccad2509

If you haven't access to Inventor Then you will have to use a 3rd party 3d design software but you will not have a link between your drawn schematics and model I use freecad an open source 3d modeller From there I hit the manufactures websites for 3d models and drop them into my model of a panel If you think about it the only real things you need to model is things like din rail and trunking and possibly bus bar copper everything else has a model out there somewhere Contrary to what they may tell you there is only one electrical cad programme that has its own specifically written 3d modelling engine (not a mechanical stand-alone package that has a link written to the electrical package) Here’s a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fd0kM6PkQ
Message 4 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: ccad2509

Autocad Electrical has the same ability to draw in 3D that plain Autocad has. Electrical is plain ACAD with extra commands and functions added that are designed with electrical requirements in mind. This means that if you know how to do 3D in ACAD, you know how to do 3D in Electrical.

Yes, there are different Autodesk product that are designed for doing 3D assemblies and fancy 3D graphics of which Inventor is one but if you have never used them before, they have a very steep learning curve.

You need to look at what programs you know how to use, the time frame you have been given to do the drawings and any other factors that will impact on your ability to do the work. This will give you an idea on which program to use as well as allowing you to ask for your superior for help at the beginning if you require it.

As a start, have you looked at the workspace you are using. ACADE has a workspace designated for 3D work called 'ACADE & 3D Modelling'.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
rhesusminus

If you just need a 3D layout, with no wiring, AutoCAD Electrical works just fine. If you know how to draw 3D in AutoCAD that is.

You can find an example here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-ideastation/footprint-geometry-enhancement/idc-p/54...

These are standard AutoCAD blocks, only in 3D, so all standard functionality with AutoCAD Electrical also works.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta