AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the benefit of catalog browser?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
198 Views, 3 Replies

What is the benefit of catalog browser?

Hello Sir/Ma'am,

I am perplexed by the functionality of catalog. As far as I am concerned, using the Lookup can quickly fill up Manufacturer, Catalog, Assembly, etc. But could I also use some sort of table/menu to quickly fill out "Show/Edit Miscellaneous"?

I am expected to create customised Attribute names. But as a result of that, the attributes are recognised as NON-AutoCAD Electrical. The process of filling out those attribute values becomes very tedious and time consuming. Could anyone please suggest me a way to speed it up? 

sincerely,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the TEXTVALUE field in the catalog database. Should work for you.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Trond, 

I am not sure how to open the database file associated with the project. I checked the directory path as shown in the screenshot. But the default database file does not have the edited entries from the catalog browser. Please see screenshot.

sincerely,

Paul

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

This might be one of those 100 year old bugs in AUtoCAD Electrical. While it SAYS that it's using a give access database, it's actually using a different datbase...

Using Windows Explorer, do a search for default_cat.mdb, in ALL subfolders.. Can you find one with a date/time that seems valid?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta