AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the benefit of catalog browser?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
219 Views, 3 Replies

What is the benefit of catalog browser?

Hello Sir/Ma'am,

I am perplexed by the functionality of catalog. As far as I am concerned, using the Lookup can quickly fill up Manufacturer, Catalog, Assembly, etc. But could I also use some sort of table/menu to quickly fill out "Show/Edit Miscellaneous"?

I am expected to create customised Attribute names. But as a result of that, the attributes are recognised as NON-AutoCAD Electrical. The process of filling out those attribute values becomes very tedious and time consuming. Could anyone please suggest me a way to speed it up? 

sincerely,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the TEXTVALUE field in the catalog database. Should work for you.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Trond, 

I am not sure how to open the database file associated with the project. I checked the directory path as shown in the screenshot. But the default database file does not have the edited entries from the catalog browser. Please see screenshot.

sincerely,

Paul

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

This might be one of those 100 year old bugs in AUtoCAD Electrical. While it SAYS that it's using a give access database, it's actually using a different datbase...

Using Windows Explorer, do a search for default_cat.mdb, in ALL subfolders.. Can you find one with a date/time that seems valid?

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report