AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Source Arrows Project wide to something unique (not typical SIGXXX)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Brandon.Dinsmore
276 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Source Arrows Project wide to something unique (not typical SIGXXX)

Hi,

I have a large AutoCAD electrical project that has a lot of source/destination arrows, let's call this project 1 (this uses 100's page numbers). I want to copy everything from project 1 to project 2 now using the 200 page numbers. When I copy over my source/destinations, the code says SIG000 on both page 100 and page 200. I ideally would like to change everything on project 1 to a code that says SIG1-000, SIG1-001, etc, copy that into a separate project 2 and do a mass update changing all SIG1-XXX to SIG2-XXX. After this I would then merge my projects together to avoid source/destination duplication. Has anyone ran into this scenario?

I am aware of the update signal references function (maybe I don't understand fully how to use this), but it's my understanding it just updates from the beginning (SIG000) and if I run this command on 2 separate projects it will still give me the issues I am trying to avoid.

Thank you!

@dougmcalexander 

@testsubject 

I have been using AutoCAD electrical for about 5 years and I have seen you guys solve a LOT of the forums (and I believe some of my other forums at my past company too) if you guys have any insights.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The Update Signal References tool doesn’t rename the codes. It just resynchronizes the source/destination arrows, in case they lost their cross reference information, or you changed their code after they were previously inserted.  

SIG000 is just a default that the software uses.  You can change it to anything you wish, as long as the code is the same for both the source and the destination. I use codes like 1L1, 1L2, 1L3, 24V+, 24V-, etc. If you don’t change the code from SIG000, it will use it for the first source/destination pair inserted into the project.  The next pair inserted will use SIG001, and the third will use SIG002, etc.  

For a mass change, you can edit the codes via the Spreadsheet Export and Import utility. 

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report