AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to edit/open default.wdt shared google drive

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alasdair3VVE4
457 Views, 2 Replies

unable to edit/open default.wdt shared google drive

Hi,

I am trying move AutoCAD electrical support files to a shared google drive so multiple licenses can work with the same default.loc, default_wdtitle.wdl, wd_fam.dat, default.inst, and default.wdt. So far I have been successful with all files but the default.wdt. What I am explicitly having trouble with is creating the file. What I have done is added my support file folder path to the ACAD global settings support file search path, and in the wd.env file I have uncommented "WD_ACADPATHFIRST,1". When I create a new project it  is clear that my location codes, installation codes, custom family codes, etc., are all accessible to the software.

What I am doing now is I have a template with our company titleblock and I am trying to go through the "title block setup process". I have created an empty default.wdt (unicode-8 encoded) within my shared support file folder. Next I open the titleblock setup process and the link to the empty default.wdt is visible (photo below)

foundwdt.JPG

Next what should happen when I choose the third option is that the file should be found and I should be able to choose to edit or overwrite the aforementioned .wdt (as shown below).

editwdt.JPG

Instead I am brought to the page with project and drawing attributes. When I select which project and drawing attributes should be mapped to my titleblock attributes I get the following error message (shown below).

unabletoopenwdt.JPG

I have verified that it was not saved as a default.wdt.txt, as my other data files seem to be working and I cannot find where it may be a linking error I believe that a misspelling or slash in the wrong direction somewhere in the link is unlikely. Any help/links to reference material would seriously be appreciated. Thank you for your time and patience.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
chenj
in reply to: alasdair3VVE4

Have you tried "method 2".

chenj_0-1640220941519.png

Message 3 of 3
alasdair3VVE4
in reply to: chenj

Hi, I have determined the issue.

image.png

Notice the folder shortcut-targets-by-id, and then the million letters/numbers. When opening a shared folder on google drive, this is the full path you jump through to access the shared folder. These two folders are hidden read only folders. When i try to make sub folders executable it just resets to read only, the same is true of the subfolders underneath. The reason I am down this rabbit hole is I got an error message when trying to link this folder as a valid place support files in the security settings in AutoCAD global settings stating that the folder was read only. Nor is ACADE able to see .wdp files stored there, albeit it is evident such files as wd.env, as well as my other support files are accessible. Furthermore Vanilla Autocad is completely functional through google drive folders shared with you.

I used a shared folder setup on OneDrive and had no such problems. I have since recreated this setup to my local google drive and again no such problems, however other licenses I share the folder with have the same problem as I have been having and cannot open projects or find the .default.wdt. Perhaps I should consider this answered and ask another question, but my question would be, does anyone have any idea as to how to use google drive as a shared repository or should I just move to Bitbucket? Thank you for your time, and happy holidays all !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report