AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PLC module

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
galashkina
369 Views, 9 Replies

New PLC module

I have created a new PLC module.

galashkina_0-1639928700051.png

In addition to terminals, inputs and outputs, the new PLC module contains connectors RJ-45, RJ-11, RJ 12.

I saved the RJ-45, RJ-11, RJ12 connectors in the MC8_301_12_12.dwg file.

In the Module Characteristics dialog box, I specified the file name of the additional connectors.

galashkina_1-1639928700059.png

I have placed a new PLC module on the diagram sheet.

galashkina_2-1639928700068.png

I can disassemble the MC8_301_12_12.dwg block.

But I can't assign a parent component to child components.

How can I assign the correct TAG 2 attribute value for RJ-45, RJ-11, RJ 12 connectors?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
normeo.2016
in reply to: galashkina

Потыкал, и кажется эти блоки надо переделать в дочерние точки ввода/вывода. Или не так надо?

Message 3 of 10
mitch.coupland

@galashkina, not sure if you want to try this but I updated my source files and change the PLC database to reflect that change and was able to get it to link up properly once I exploded the RJ-45, RJ-11, RJ-12 combined block.

In this case I'd look at fixing the block (HP1--WL) to contain TAG1 so when its inserted any special breaks or forced PLC Module breaks will auto create TAG2 as AutoCAD Electrical seems to increment when doing this (i.e. Tag to Tag1).

I have included a snippit of an example to the PLC DB change you may require for Auto population of field disregard my naming convention as that's just what I use.

These are just trials I did in the past and have worked for me especially as I use XREF for my PLC topography pages to reference the specific I/O card and its page.

The main time consuming thing will be updating you PLC DB, although find and replace would work, but you'd have to make sure all source files with TAG identifier have been changed to TAG1.

Message 4 of 10

Did this solve your issue or did you use another work-around to get the functionality you wanted?
Message 5 of 10
galashkina
in reply to: mitch.coupland

No, I haven't solved the problem. I'm still thinking. It was unexpected for me that the PLC modules do not have the TAG1 attribute. I understand that there is a solution, but I want to get maximum automation.

Message 6 of 10
testsubject

This is what I did with a PLC module with multiple blocks.

For your example, you will need 1 parent and 4 children.

The tags will be as follows:

Parent (First I/O Block): TAG

Child1 (Second I/O Block): TAG_1
Child2 (RJ11): TAG_2

Child3 (RJ12): TAG_3

Child4 (RJ45): TAG_4

After inserting the symbols, you have to manually enter the Component tag from the Parent (i.e. 3001PLC1) into each of the children symbols where ever you placed them in the project. Unfortunately, there is not a way similar to what relays do that allows you to select the parent from the PLC dialog box.

After editing the Component Tag in the children, you will see that they now appear when surfing. The XREF values will all point back to the Parent symbol.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 10
galashkina
in reply to: testsubject

@testsubject, thank you!

A great gift for Christmas!

I need to test everything thoroughly.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the discussion!

Message 8 of 10
galashkina

My PLC module consists of four parts: TAG, TAG_1,

TAG_2

galashkina_0-1640279857516.png

TAG_3

galashkina_1-1640279857521.png

But, cross-references are not created, although I can include them in the report.

galashkina_2-1640279857523.png

Message 9 of 10
testsubject

One thing I failed to mention is that you will need to run Component Cross-Reference after entering in the Component tag value in the Children.

After I did that, the Xref values were filled in on the Parent (all child locations) and each of the children (Parent location only).

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 10 of 10
galashkina
in reply to: testsubject

galashkina_1-1640338773145.png

I've done it, but cross-references don't work.

For coil and NO contact, cross-references work.

galashkina_2-1640338773161.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

”Boost