AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the manufacturer contents does not show up

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
819 Views, 1 Reply

the manufacturer contents does not show up

when installing autocad, do not check all manufacturers, now I need to change for example from allen-bradley to phoenix contact, then through adding or removing features insert all manufacturers, but when trying to use another it does not appear and only allen-bradley appears How can I change the manufacturer?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

You add manufacturer content via the Add or Remove Features option, as you pointed out.  I assume that you clicked next and update.  If, after this update, the content does not appear when you click Lookup, there are a couple of main reasons this could happen. 

1. You are using a shared database, perhaps on your network.  For example, after the software was installed, someone copied the default_cat.mdb file to a network path and reassigned the path, so the data can be shared, either via my favorite method (explained on my web site Tips/Tricks page) or via the wd.env file. 

2.  Your project might have a project-specific catalog database, located inside of the project folder.

Doug McAlexander
Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor
Specializing in AutoCAD Electrical Implementation Support
Phone: (770) 841-8009
www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report