AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sytem variable change - what is it? and how do I fix/stop the error messages?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1261 Views, 2 Replies

Sytem variable change - what is it? and how do I fix/stop the error messages?

Hello my fellow engineers and drafters,

I've been working with ACADE for one year now and value advice from anyone doing this longer than me. Can somebody please tell me what the "...System variable change..." is,  and how do I fix/stop error messages from popping up frequently.? I have attached a screen shot of a box with values and names and have no idea what they mean, correct settings and how they effect my projects/drawings.

Looking forward to feedback, Thankyou

- Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

ACADE comes equipped with a System Variable Monitor. The message you see is telling you that there is a system variable (aka SYSVAR) whose value is different from the 'recommended' value.

This could be because of many reasons, ranging from custom LISP routines to your personal customizations in OPTIONS, etc.

In your case, the sysvar in question is PICKAUTO. This variable corresponds to the selections under 'Implied Windowing' selections in the OPTIONS dialog. You'll find it on the 'Selection' tab. ACADE recommends a value of 5, and you are running with a value of 3.

The value of 3 is a result of choosing 'Implied Windowing' along with 'Allow Press and Drag on an Object'. The value of 5 is set by choosing 'Implied Windowing' and 'Allow Press and Drag for Lasso'. These values can also be changed by typing in the name of the sysvar at the command line and then editing it there.

I would advise correcting the sysvar in the message you're seeing. It might affect some commands, because it is dictating how objects are selected. Some of them don't matter too much, but it looks to me like this one might.

I'm not sure if resetting the sysvar in the error dialog will fix it forever. Some sysvar values are held in the drawings on an individual basis. If you see this pop up with every drawing, make the changes in the OPTIONS dialog, and that should override anything that is set individually in the drawings themselves.

Also, note that you can change when you see those notifications. I prefer to go with balloon notifications only. You can also add/delete sysvars from the list and keep them from being monitored altogether.

Hope this helps,

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Jim,

Thank you for the speedy reply/feedback on the system variable message.  Resetting back to default values and deselecting variables to be monitored did the trick.  So far so good I haven't had it pop-up on me again since I made the changes.

Much appreciated,

- Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta