AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support file search path losing paths

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Thomasbatson
289 Views, 6 Replies

Support file search path losing paths

We are using ACADE 2025. Even with 2023 I would have a network drive (M: drive) setup on the top for our PLC database, we have multiple users that lose this path (disappears from the list) when they login from home. 

I originally created a profile with all my folder locations which we use quite a few because we have everything in vault. They disappeared, so I thought I did something wrong. I created another profile with all the search paths and they have now disappeared again. 

Why would these keep disappearing in my list? 

Where is that list stored? If I knew that I could copy and paste them back so I don't have to keep adding them back. 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Thomasbatson
in reply to: Thomasbatson

Update, I removed the profile from my options dialog box, deleted from my c drive, got the profile from vault again and everything is back. But again not sure why this happens or what could cause that profile to lose all the search paths i've been using.

Message 3 of 7

If the software starts and cannot find the network path, it removes that path statement.  Some years ago, I requested via the Idea Station that the software should not remove the network path, but resort to the local path, when the network path is not available.  Vote for my idea on the Idea Station.  Here is a link: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-ideas/improvement-for-networking-data/idi-p/564855...

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 7

that was the assumption we were making, but to be honest it made NO sense that it would remove that instead of simply skip it because we work from different places and if we spent the time to put that in the search path there was a reason. Just frustrating it would do that, but I will visit that site and vote for it. Thank you

Message 5 of 7

Just make sure you have a connection to your network drive before you start AutoCAD Electrical.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 7

Mostly this does happen, sometimes when out at customers facilities we don't want to log in through our VPN as it seems to slow things down and not a necessary step if we just need to access our drawings on our C drive.  

On another note, where are these paths stored in list form? I searched this profile in notepad and don't see the list. Where are they stored and how do these paths get updated when I load a profile? 

Thank you

Message 7 of 7

Mostly we do try to connect to our network, sometimes when out at customers facilities we don't want to log in through our VPN as it seems to slow things down and not a necessary step if we just need to access our drawings on our C drive.  

On another note, where are these paths stored in list form? I searched this profile in notepad and don't see the list. Where are they stored and how do these paths get updated when I load a profile? 

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta