AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Line to Three Line diagram symbols

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2574 Views, 1 Reply

Single Line to Three Line diagram symbols

single line.jpg

three line.jpg

I was curious between the relationship between one line symbols and all others (in particular the related three line symbol and schematic symbol).

We have a MV circuit breaker with bushing CTs installed, one per phase, 3 total.  When creating a single line diagram is there a way to differentiate a group of cables which may landed on different CTs which are combined into the SLD symbol?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

SLD symbols link back to the parent symbol of the device they represent.

With CT's, In the schematic, I usually have the L1 phase CT as the parent while L2 & L3 phase CT's are children.

I don't use cables to link from the CT's to the measuring/protection devices as everything in our panels just uses normal wires.

You should be able to use a cable in the SLD and also show it in the schematic, but be aware that it more than likely will throw up an number duplication alert. Breaking the wires out from the cable is done using the Fan In/Out tool which joins individual wires into a cable.

Those wires can have separate numbers which will transfer through the cable.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta