AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click menu location is off

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
cliff_hedrix
540 Views, 12 Replies

Right click menu location is off

When I move the Autocad Electrical display to monitor 2, the location of the right click menu pops up in the wrong location. This is a new installation, is there a simple fix? The attached picture shows the location of the menu when I right click directly on TR350

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
rhesusminus
in reply to: cliff_hedrix

Try to update the drivers for your graphics card?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 13
cliff_hedrix

I have a work around, but it shouldn't have to be done. If I set monitor 2 as my main display (24" monitor hooked to laptop) the right click menu shows up in the proper location. Docking for toolbars is also easier, I was having problems with the location on them, too.

Message 4 of 13
rhesusminus

And, you have the latest graphics drivers for your graphics card?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 13
cliff_hedrix
in reply to: rhesusminus

The Video Drivers are up to date. 

Message 6 of 13
rhesusminus

Is the scaling the same for both monitors?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 13
cliff_hedrix

Both are set for 1920 X 1080 and I have tried setting the scale on both monitors to 100%. The problem still exists unless Monitor 2 is set for my main display.

Message 8 of 13
rhesusminus

I'm all out if ideas then 😔

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 13
pendean

Did you have this issue in your older ACADE version? 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021?
If you've never used those before, I'd install one and find out for sure.

And may I ask, why have you jumped into the 2025 version already this close to release date (and posting here you seem to have omitted mentioning that)? Looks like the the 2025s versions of AutoCAD seem to be generating some quite interesting issues being reported in these forums for a variety of early adopters.
Message 10 of 13
cliff_hedrix
in reply to: pendean

I haven't used AE since 2019. AE had never been installed on this laptop. This is the version that was installed when I finally got a license transfer from another user who had 2024. I didn't see an option to install an earlier version, if I would have, I would have installed it. It might have been there and I just missed it.

Message 11 of 13
pendean

@cliff_hedrix wrote:

...I didn't see an option to install an earlier version, if I would have, I would have installed it. It might have been there and I just missed it.

Most of us can only get software from the Autodesk Account page here

https://manage.autodesk.com/products/ACAD_E?version=2025&platform=WIN64&language=EINT

On that page, if you still wish to explore rolling back to much more stable ACADE2024, you can grab that year-version too

pendean_0-1712693810703.png

So far in these forums, all AutoCAD2025 early adopters posting issues in this latest one seem to be finding some relief by using GRAPHICSCONFIG command to change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

One reported turning off Hardware Acceleration as a fix.

I suggest you start a support ticket with Autodesk direct through your subscription portal as explained here
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-find-my-sup... 

Message 12 of 13
cliff_hedrix
in reply to: pendean

I contacted tech support and they got me through the AE 2024 install. The issue seems to be with AE 2025 since the tech support person duplicated the problem on his setup.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 13
pendean

Thank you for the fix, and confirming we need to keep 2025 off of our PCs for now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report