AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publish problems

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
587 Views, 10 Replies

publish problems

Hi all,

I'm trying to publish several dwgs however the page setup I named is not there only 'default' and 'import'. I've done this many times with zero problems but in the past I have noticed this happening. Now it's a mission. Online was zero help.

Please advise

thanks in advance

John

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

The page setup you want to plot with has to be stored inside at least one of the drawings you're trying to publish.

The page setup names you see in the Publish dialog are derived from whichever of the drawings you've currently got selected. Only the page setup names stored within that drawing will be listed.

However, you can apply a page setup from one drawing to all of the ones you're trying to publish, while still inside of the Publish dialog box:
1. In the list of drawings, highlight the drawing that you know for a fact contains the needed page setup by clicking on it.
2. Hit CTRL+A to select all of the other drawings.
3. Then, select the proper page setup from the drawing that it's stored in. All of the selected drawings will plot with that page setup.

Hope this helps,

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 11
JeffatPrimex

Could it be you have been using page setups for model space and now you need page setups for paper space?

You can create page setups for both in the same drawing and save that drawing as page setups.

Best regards,

Jeff

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Hi Jim,

I've done all of this. If I 'plot' it comes out perfect but when I 'publish' the page layout that I named is not there, only 'default' and 'import'. I don't know if this matters but there are xrefs attached.

Capture-2.JPGCapture-1.JPGCapture.JPG

Message 5 of 11
jseefdrumr

When you plot a single drawing through the PLOT command, are you doing that from model space or paper space?

Jim Seefeldt

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: JeffatPrimex

Hi Jeff,

Yes I am aware of this and I have plotted/published many times and it has worked it just seems to be these particular dwgs

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Both. 

Message 8 of 11
jseefdrumr

Make sure the page setup you made exists in both model and paper space.

Jim Seefeldt

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

It is, but same problem...

Message 10 of 11
jseefdrumr

This is definitely a little odd. Is it possible for you to post the drawing for us to look at?

Jim Seefeldt

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Unfortunately I can't, it is the clients property with sensitive info. However, I was able to create a dwg with the setup I needed and it worked. It has to be a setting when it was originally created. Thanks for all of your input!

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta