AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print black & white

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jjstr8
2522 Views, 7 Replies

Print black & white

How do I force a drawing to print in black and white?  I thought it would be pretty straightforward to do that, but nothing I do seems to work.  

AutoCAD Electrical 2019

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
PeytonHarriss
in reply to: jjstr8

PeytonHarriss_0-1643671162817.png

plot command will pull up the following window.

NOTE: this will only change the plot style for that drawing file.

to make changes to drawings throughout a project, write a script for this and use the Project>Utilities>run script function to save a BUNCH of time in the future.

Message 3 of 8
rhesusminus

Also, changing the CTB will ONLY change the ACI colors (indexed colors). If you're using truecolor (colors with R G B values) they WILL print in color.

Your only option then would be to check if your printer driver has the option to print in black/white.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 8
jjstr8
in reply to: rhesusminus

I had to drill down in a different spot in the Printer Properties.  The first one I found was greyed out.  Any idea how to set it up so the CTB selection works?

Message 5 of 8
rhesusminus

Only if you use just ACI colors in your drawings. If you can attach an example drawing it would be easier to help.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 8
jjstr8

I am using indexed colors.  Here's a simple test drawing with a green (ACI) wire layer.  It still prints green even when the monochrome.stb is selected.

Message 7 of 8
rhesusminus

Ahh.. The problem is that you're usingbe using style based plot styles.... 
Use the CONVERTPSTYLES command to convert your drawing to CTB files instead of STB files.

OR... You can set up each layer to be using the "Style 1" style, that is actaully black:
2022-02-01_17-19-51.png

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 8
jjstr8
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you.  Converting to CTB seems to be the easiest way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta