AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PLCIO File Editor Item

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jallenDBQ7U
369 Views, 8 Replies

New PLCIO File Editor Item

It has been ages since I created a new PLCIO item.  What controls the attribute tags that show up here (see screenshot)?   Mine seems to be short a few attributes in comparison to other existing items in the table.  I have not chose a style other than vertical so far so maybe I am missing a block file selection?  It seems to look fine on a test drive but is grayed out for manufacturer, catalog, etc. attributes.

plcio.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

it looks at the attributes within the block, you're probably looking for a 'Module info...' type block on line 1

Message 3 of 9

I am just now getting back to this.  What do you mean by "block"?  I thought this creates the symbol so that I don't have to create a block to make this.  Under Module Specifications I see an entry for "AutoCAD Block to insert:"  Is this what you mean?  I don't see an entry for this item on other existing blocks in the PLC Database File editor.

I've looked at the ace_plc.mdb PLCIO database file and don't see any manufacturer information there either.  But I do have this part in the catalog.

Message 4 of 9
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: jallenDBQ7U

This is my problem.  When I edit the PLC module it doesn't have the Code or even the manufacturer even though I provided this information when I created the module.  Note that both items are grayed out.

jallenDBQ7U_1-1686064767151.png

Message 5 of 9
alds02

Back to your first screenshot: none of the terminals in that list have "module info." Try the drop-down menu on line 1, scroll through and find one that has "module info" and you'll get more attributes. Or are you telling us that you are missing that terminal type?

Message 6 of 9
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: alds02

I got it now.  I guess I "assumed" all of the drop-down items were terminal related and never even looked for that.  Using "assume" in this program is not good since it seems like every process uses as different method for the configuration.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
alds02

Good to hear you found it. If that terminal type was missing, it would have been a pain to figure out why!

Message 8 of 9

sorry, my description block was not accurate. I should have said it looks at the attributes in the drawing file

the attributes that will be listed in the area you highlighted are those that are contained in the drawing file associated with the terminal type you have selected. if required you can find the filename by looking at the settings, where the terminal descriptions and files are associated.

jamesmcmillanNYR6A_0-1686077116270.png

Message 9 of 9

I think it was less about you not giving full details and more about me viewing my options with a periscope.  I spent all my debug time looking at database, catalog, and popup solutions.  I redid the terminals a couple times but ignored interpreting that option as soon as I saw the word "info". lol.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta