AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify ASSIGNED page setup settings across multiple drawing files' layout tab

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tcoppens84SWP
340 Views, 3 Replies

Modify ASSIGNED page setup settings across multiple drawing files' layout tab

Hello all,

I have a large library of drawings for which I need to change the page setup setting "Plot Transparency" to true. All of these files use the same customized page setup of the same name for their one layout tab. I've found a method that uses the DWGCONVERT command to modify the page setups of many .dwg files at once, but this command does not update the current page setup assigned to the layout. I'd have to go through about a hundred individual drawings to update the page setups so that this dang ol' watermark will print. 

Any way to make this process faster?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
metal_pro2
in reply to: tcoppens84SWP

try setting PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE to 2

_______________________________________________________________________________________

PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE (System Variable)

Controls whether object transparency is plotted.

Type:Integer
Saved in:User-settings
Initial value:1
ValueDescription

Does not plot object transparency

Uses the setting specified in the Page Setup or the Plot dialog boxes

Plots object transparency

Setting the PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE system variable to 0 or 2 overrides the Plot Transparency option in the Page Setup or the Plot dialog boxes.

Message 3 of 4
tcoppens84SWP
in reply to: metal_pro2

Thanks. This is a solution that I ended up settling on, in conjunction with disabling the "Print Optimization" driver setting for our office Xerox printer, at least for the purpose of getting the watermark to print properly.

Page setups have always been a thorn in my side. I made the mistake of not enabling the "Plot Transparency" setting on our template drawings before creating >100 drawings using those print settings. They are one of the few things, it seems, that you absolutely have to open up every drawing if you want to change them.

If anyone has a solution for my original question, for the sake of knowing, feel free to chime in.
Message 4 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: tcoppens84SWP

I wrote this script to update several titleblock page setups and then set the page setup to use as current.

Just change the filepath to the DWG you want to use as the template and change the setup names to match what you used. This works on a per project basis.

scr ;This script updates the page setup for each drawing to include Title_A, Title_B, and Title_B_PDF
;It also sets Title_B_PDF as the primary setup because the DWG to PDF format requires it.
;It leaves the dwg in Paper Space.
rps
layout
set
layout1
-psetupin
"R:\Machine Programs\ACADE Library\Templates\Plot Template.dwg"
"Title_A"
-psetupin
"Title_B"
-psetupin
"Title_B_PDF"
-plot
no

Title_B_PDF

no
yes
no
QSAVE
delay 100

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta