AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mechatronics / dats fusion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ccad2509
359 Views, 1 Reply

mechatronics / dats fusion

Its worth reminding people the 10 ideas i posted in the following post

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-i​​deastation/electrical-audit-issue-related-to-3-p...

it will be good to remind everybody is happy with ACADE and doesn't want ACADE  to have the same functionality that most of the competing applications currently have 

and since dismissive of Eplans Capabilities lets try WSCAD which is a VFM cheaper alternative to Acade here in Europe

other ecad solution providers are accutrly aware that the drawing is not the end of the process and by caturing the data in the drawings it can be re-used elsewhere now these other ecad solution providers are looking at machines that are used in the panel building and installation process and have added interface technology to there solutions

now this only makes there products much stronger and by not offering thses solutions does make you differetn it makes you less capabable as a ecad solution

so who would not want to added this functionality to acade ?

here's the screen for wscad with the menu items for various machines it links to

Image1.png

and who are these companies well its these guys

Image3.pngImage2.png

Image4.png

So is there a US manufacture of these style of machines and wouldn't i be a good idea to write a link between acade and these types of machines

its win win all round  but i guess that to much of a radical thought for some people

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathalekar
in reply to: ccad2509

Hello Colin,

Your point is valid and accordingly we evaluated 2 cases some time back for data exchange. (Wago & Phoenix contacts) which are already part of AutoCAD Electrical 2015 release onwards. Now there are several solutions in different Geos (USA, Europe, Asia) which offer different 3rd party packages to do same thing in different formats. It is very much possible that few solutions that you have listed in your post have specific interest with the package or colloaboration to integrate. Our product manangement is evaluating such possibilities and appropriately take action at our end according to prioritization at our end.

Thanks for your feedback.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta