AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Check in the AutoCAD Electrical Drawing Project into Vault with the Vault Add-in?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JKFarmerMold
284 Views, 1 Reply

Is it possible to Check in the AutoCAD Electrical Drawing Project into Vault with the Vault Add-in?

Hello,

I am not a major user of ACAD Electrical (ACADE) but have had to open up drawings a few times here and there and I understand that ACADE generates a 'project' that is used to manage multiple drawing files.  So my question is that when I used the Vault add-in, during check-in/out is it possible to include this 'project' file?  I do not recall seeing a include files button that I use often when using Inventor for files, and have used the Vault client to add the 'project' file after the fact so that it is at least in the system.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: JKFarmerMold

Inside AutoCAD Electrical, you'll find the project manager. When you right-click the project inside AcadE, you'll get options to check out/in partial/all drawing sheets in the project.
You really should do it this way, as there are other things happening in the background. There's some other metadata that's also included in the check-in.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report