AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the title block, how do i display the next filename?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Greatrock85
539 Views, 7 Replies

In the title block, how do i display the next filename?

Hello,
in a project with multiple files is there a way in the title block to display the next file name (001 -> 005 -> 008 -> etc) instead of the progressive sheet number (1 -> 2 -> 3...)?
Thankyou

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: Greatrock85

You must code some lisp to achieve this.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 8
Greatrock85
in reply to: rhesusminus

HELP 😭 i don't have the lisp and i don't know how to do it 

Message 4 of 8
rhesusminus

@vladop 

Do you have anything to help?
Maybe you can teach them Lisp 😄

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 8
vladop

Sorry,

I'm busy these days, I barely read the forum.
I found this, I think that's it, though I didn't check.

It should be changed to display the file name, but I didn't really understand what the request was.

Terminal AutoCAD: AutoCAD Electrical's Title Block Update - Previous / Next Sheet Numbers (myacade.b...

The corresponding functions can be found in the API help in section G - Project Management.
Someone help, I don't have time right now.

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 6 of 8
james_moore

Choose the "filename" attribute when setting up your title block/border block, instead of the "sheet" attribute, if I understand what you're asking.  We use both in our title block.
Now if you want to display the "next" file in a series, not the current file, it would take some custom programming.

Message 7 of 8
Greatrock85

I have this tree Immagine 2023-06-03 225531.png and i want to visualize the next filename .dwg in the title block, "filename" attribute it's ok but it would be some sort of "next filename" attribute

Message 8 of 8

If you don’t want to do any custom programming, maybe enter the FILENAME as the sheet number, without the file extension.

Also assign the Previous Sheet and/or Next Sheet values in Title Block Setup>Drawing Values to write to attributes that you place in your drawing for such values to be shown. I use attributes named PREVSHT and NEXTSHT. I will attach an example. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta