AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I insert a motor from the catalog browser, is it possible to display the Motor's HP as an Attributre in AutoCAD Electrical?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
224 Views, 2 Replies

If I insert a motor from the catalog browser, is it possible to display the Motor's HP as an Attributre in AutoCAD Electrical?

Hi.

I'm tasked with creating a few eletrical blocks and I would like it to display some extra information when I plot it from the catalog browser. I created a new catalog using the Autocad eletrical, which is completely empty. Then I added a new family SE(sensors) and created a block and added the description to the catalog. Using the Microsoft Access, I edited the database collums to have the headlines I wanted, "Accuracy", which is the collum feed with the informating I would like the block to fetch and display. Using the Cad Symbol Builder, I added a new attribute in the optional row and named it "Accuracy", exactly as it's labeled in the database.
Now the issues I'm having. 1 - The "Accuracy" tag is not being displayed at all. Nor the number, nor as a plain text. 2- It's also not showing up in the list if I open the Symbol Builder Editor, but is does show up in red if I double click the block.

Does anyone knows how to do what I want? Thank you in advance.

To try tok simplefy my question. If I insert a motor from the catalog browser, is is possible to display the Motor's HP as an Attributre? How do I do that?

@30045901 

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia. Original: Adding and displaying information from the calatog database in eletrical blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: 30045901

The only way to push values from the catalog to the symbol is to use the TEXTVALUE field in the database.

Accuracy=123ABC

will push "123ABC" into the accuracy attribute.

Read more about this here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
in reply to: rhesusminus

Nice. It worked the way I wanted. Not ideal, as I need to fill the database twice with the information, but now I have managed to create the block I wanted to do. Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta