Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto 2D, 3D, Electrical, me

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tou200000
158 Views, 1 Reply

Auto 2D, 3D, Electrical, me

I have complained about this AutoCad software not running on my Pc for windows after downloading and installation. I have been informed by O Briggs that it doesn’t need a serial or product key to get access which the software prompts me to. Secondly I researched why it doesn’t allow me to access the software also why it doesn’t allow me to select an icon either, this is why I can’t even sign in as O Briggs   Instructed of me to sign in after opening the software environment yet no icon responds. Now on researching  I saw that when it displays  an error of -15… then it means you have to assign a Variable name ADSKFILE_LICENSE_FILE and a Variable Value License Server in which AutoCad server is 2080@server1 or 2 or 3 perhaps I did all this yet the software wouldn’t work. I mean I am really stocked from practicing and optimizing my skills, please I really need help with this. 
Finally I appreciate the new welcoming upcoming session from the platform back to school special.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jseefdrumr
in reply to: tou200000

I found this post pretty confusing and I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. All that is clear to me is that you can't access your software.

What version of the software are you trying to install? ACAD/ACADE haven't asked for a product key in several years now. Instead, you sign in to your Autodesk account and your license is held in the cloud, at Autodesk. Signing in activates your license.

If getting your software to work is this hard, your reseller should be able to help you get it installed.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report