AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export wire layer with user colunms?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
445 Views, 6 Replies

How to export wire layer with user colunms?

Hello,

I have wire layers set up and have all the wires assigned with layers. However, when I export the from/to connection into Excel sheet, I don't know how to export the User Columns into the report.  (Please see screenshot "Export User Columns")

It seems I can only use "Component Wire List" to export User Columns, which I have renamed as Rating and Temperature. (Please see screenshot "Component Wire List")

However, I am hoping to include User Columns info in, say, "From/To" and "Component". Could it be done?

I want to include User Columns in DATAEXTRACTION as well, but without success. 

sincerely,

Paul

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alds02
in reply to: Anonymous

According to my (incomplete) research, Fields available for reports - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD Electrical, "From/To", Component Wire List, and Cable From/To are the reports that already have the wire layer USER1-20 fields available in the list.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: alds02

I meant to follow up earlier. But after some more trial and error, I think I can only export wire layer USER1-20 Field via Component Wire List. Neither "From/To" nor "Cable From/To" would work.

sincerely,

Paul

Message 4 of 7
ramesh.kambang

Since you are using USER1 = Rating, USER2 = Geometry and USER 3 = Temperature, suggest to look for (use) USER_1, USER2_1 and USER3_1 when you run From/To and Cable From/To reports. 

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Ramesh,

It was my bad. I changed the USER_1 into voltage level1, and it remains this way every time I try to export a report. To avoid confusion, how can I revert back to default names. I've changed too many field names, I can't manually change them back.

sincerely,

Paul 

jiahui_chenJ8TM6_0-1689953320087.png

Message 6 of 7
ramesh.kambang

If you want to rename it, just select the item (in RED) and  rename it in Green. You do not need to revert it back to default unless you do not remember them. 

if you renamed default columns (user 1, 2..... ) in project project properties>wire numbers>rename user columns, renamed  user columns automatically appear in the report. 

rameshkambang_1-1689953868418.png

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ramesh.kambang

Yeah, I am afraid I forgot some of the default names and now getting myself confused. That's why I am enquiring for a button to revert back to default names.

*************************EDIT REPLY******************

Oops, sorry. You have answered my question. Thank you!

sincerely,

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta