AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete a proxy entity

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
haiduken_ae_mi
100522 Views, 17 Replies

how to delete a proxy entity

have on in a drawing that I want to edit (a leader) and there is nothing that I am doing that is working. I tried exploding, purging and I cant remember what else and nothing seems to work... any ideas?

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
TRLitsey
in reply to: haiduken_ae_mi

Hi there,

Can you post up a drawing so we can take a look at it?

What version of ACE and OS are you using?

Will take a look tomorrow if this is still post.  It is the end of my day.

Thank you

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 3 of 18
jseefdrumr
in reply to: TRLitsey

I don't know if it works on proxy objects, but SuperPurge will forcibly remove things from a drawing that the normal PURGE command won't. A quick internet search will get you there.

Caution: be very aware of what you are doing with this command. It CAN and WILL break a drawing if you aren't careful.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 18
haiduken_ae_mi

This is the file i am having trouble with. The proxy entity seems to be the welding call out.

Message 5 of 18
jseefdrumr

Looks like you'll need to get an object enabler for this. I tried SuperPurge on it and it didn't work. Here's a link to the Autodesk Knowledgebase article on Object Enablers:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/123112/fil...

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 6 of 18
TRLitsey

Hi there,

Proxy Object is a new one to me.  Reading in the Help area you may or may not be able to do anything with it unless you have to software that created the object.  You might find an Enabler as was suggested but that could take a little of your time.  For what this drawing is, not really a whole lot going on here, you might consider just creating a new drawing with the settings you want.

This one is kind of a bummer, sorry about that

Good luck

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome - thank you

Screenshot - 6_16_2016 , 8_02_31 AM.png

Message 7 of 18
haiduken_ae_mi

thanks a lot for your help
Message 8 of 18
haiduken_ae_mi
in reply to: jseefdrumr

thank you, i appreciate the help
Message 9 of 18
TRLitsey

Hi again,

Real quick down and dirt.  I copied everything but Proxy and pasted it into a new acad template drawing.  Will this work for you?

Message 10 of 18
haiduken_ae_mi

thanks that's what i ended up doing.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

I ran into the exact same issue. I found a workaround that works very well.

1. select all proxy objects and use the explode command (I selected one proxy object, right clicked, and chose the select similar option)
  2. select all objects in the drawing and copy to clipboard with base point (0,0) (I used the command select, then typed all, right clicked and under the clipboard option I chose copy with base point)
  3. open a blank drawing
  4. paste to the same base point. (ctrl v and then enter (0,0))
  5. save the new drawing
  6. add xrefs from previous drawing or change xref links that were linked to the old drawing

Proxy objects cannot be deleted or COPIED, therefore, the new drawing you just created will not have the proxy objects. Hope this helped

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

I found a work around for removing Proxy's

go and save your drawing as a AutoCAD R12/LT2 DXF (*.dxf) and after that close the drawing then open it back up and all the Proxy's are gone then you can save your drawing as an ACAD drawing again 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

Select entity right click - isolate - hide object. i think this will help.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

I know of 2 options:

Easy option is use the proxyshow command, this will turn them off

or

Put them on a different layer and turn the layer off

have not found a way to remove them

Message 15 of 18
dominik.bujan
in reply to: Anonymous

I found a work around for removing Proxy's

go and save your drawing as a AutoCAD R12/LT2 DXF (*.dxf) and after that close the drawing then open it back up and all the Proxy's are gone then you can save your drawing as an ACAD drawing again 

Worked for me. Thanks!

Message 16 of 18

What if you can't see the object? proxy(no graphics)..

Message 17 of 18

Try the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command...

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 18 of 18

I'll give it a try the next time I'm bombarded with them. I have whole sets of drawings that have something on each page. I'm assuming its something for a title block. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report