AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ho w to create cabine layout

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
522 Views, 4 Replies

ho w to create cabine layout

Hi, I'm new in Autocad Electrical 2021 and I would ask if there is a simple way to add a cabinet layout as in the left part of the following picture http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2013/ITA/index.html?url=filesAcadE_Acad2AcadE/GUID-4210D69E-7791-4F8...

thank you very much

best regards

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ramesh.kambang
in reply to: Anonymous

You can get some idea from the link below: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF8rHcI_KdE

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

The quick answer to your question is, no, there is no 'simple' way. I often spend more time on the panel drawings than I do on the schematics, when we are using new components that we don't yet have panel footprints for.

Also, it depends on how you want to go about drawing the panel. For instance, you have the option to link to the list of parts in the schematics, but that only works if you're entering catalog information for the schematic components. You could just put all the blocks into a drawing, but then you'd have to label them. ACAD can label them for you if you insert from the schematic list, but you have to set up the labels first.

So, no, there's no truly easy way. No matter what, you're in for some work on creating a panel layout.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 5

I agree, panel Layouts are Laborious and not intuitive. We like real blocks (not rectangles) as 2D footprints, this takes time to create as catalogue data and libraries do not exist. I just wish that Autodesk would listen and begin to implement just some updates. 

Message 5 of 5
caddude1
in reply to: andrew.thompson

We have many engineers here that feel the need to pull beautifully modeled, full detail footprints in with each device they add to a panel. Some are just as happy with a place holding rectangle. My personal thought, is that as your time and budget allow, get accurate realistic footprints and remove unnecessary clutter, leaving connections and mounting details. The addition of a masterpiece for each footprint will create an unmanageable drawing if the user does not have a supercomputer, and just clutters up the back panel. In best practice, the footprint is linked to the symbol, and the panel layout is generated from the schematic list, linking it to the item number and tag assigned to the schematic symbol

Mark Behrens
Controls Designer/CAD Manager
42 year AutoCAD user | 15 year AutoCAD Electrical user

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report