AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add the "Netload" and "Crslib" commands into a CUI ribbon tab?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Ahmed_mohamedHC52L
154 Views, 1 Reply

How can I add the "Netload" and "Crslib" commands into a CUI ribbon tab?

I'm trying to add two commands from the CUI into my custom created ribbon. Netload and Crslib. The purpose is to be able to create symbols/attributes from a spreadsheet by simply clicking those two commands. Can you give me a solution please? Please use AutoCAD Electrical 2025.

Ahmed_mohamedHC52L_0-1722546814959.png

Ahmed_mohamedHC52L_1-1722546836208.png

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Generally speaking, You would create a new command in the CUI and link your custom programs under Macro: ^C^CYourCommandName

arshdeepsingh404_0-1722720633482.png

The name you provide to your custom command will be used to call your program. You can also add icon to your command.

Here is quick rundown:

1. Create a New Command

2. Link your program under Marco of the new command

3. Give the new command a name that doesn't overlap with AutoCAD's in-built commands.

4. Drag and Drop the command to Ribbon > Panel > Existing or a new custom panel

5. Drag and Drop the Panel to your custom or an existing ribbon (If it doesn't exist already), depending on where you want to show the command.

I am assuming you already know most of the stuff about adding to CUI since I see a custom Tab in your screenshot. Let me know if you have more questions.

Also make sure that your custom program is stored under AutoCAD's support file paths.

arshdeepsingh404_1-1722721304477.png

I know for LISP files you can just declare them under CUI > LISP Files and they will be loaded automatically. Then you can just start using function and commands in your lisp programs from command line. Not sure how would you go about automatically loading NET dll files. Maybe you have to create a lisp that loads your NET programs automatically and then you can start using your custom commands with the CUI steps mentioned above.

or maybe something like ^C^CNETLOAD; "C:\\Path\\To\\Your\\DLLFile.dll";

Regards,

Arshdeep Singh, C.Tech, CMSE®
Electrical Designer & Programmer
LinkedIn
www.blackcontrols.com

Please mark as "Accept Solution" if this resolved your issue. It might help someone else with the same question. Likes are welcome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report