AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMBEDED HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
NateWa
424 Views, 2 Replies

EMBEDED HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES

Hello,

We have a current discussion on how to embed a high resolution image into AutoCAD. I have access to AutoCAD Electrical 2016, and AutoCAD 2018. but we have multiple disciplines that embed photos into drawings. The problem we are having is while zooming in on the photo, at some point it just goes black. I would post the example picture I was given to test this but it has people in it so I don't think I can. however I will attach snapshots of the photos properties.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jseefdrumr
in reply to: NateWa

If you're referring to the image's behavior in ACADE, then this is most likely normal. For any OLE or embedded object like this, there comes a point where resolution cannot be maintained while zooming in. Remember, you are trying to view a raster object in vector-graphics software. While you may be able to change the point at which resolution is lost (i.e., that point where ACADE quits trying to process the image and just makes it black), I don't think it's likely that you'll avoid this entirely.

Now, if you're talking about the plotted output only, that's different -- but would require some more background info in order to try and fix.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 3
NateWa
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Jim,

Thanks for the information! Yes I was referring to the images behavior, and I'm glad I finally have an answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report