AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download catalog

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2624 Views, 11 Replies

download catalog

Newbie here. I was able to get to the download catalog site and did get some catalog info. But it is very incomplete.

How would I get say the 22mm pushbutton catalog from AB?   Or the actual panels from Hoffman? I got the pushbutton panel from Hoffman but nothing else.

Thanks,Dennis

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you clarify what you mean by 'download catalog site'? This software ships with all of its catalog information, I'm not aware of a site where you can download more.

Note that the catalog info included with this software is oftentimes pretty old, and some currently available products aren't in there. Autodesk does incorporate newly submitted info into the catalog, but they don't hound the manufacturers to get it; basically, it's only there if the manufacturer gives it to Autodesk to add.

That being said, my catalog came with 22mm operators from AB, and just under 800 enclosures from Hoffman. These should be available to you as well.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Message 4 of 12
ccad2509
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Note that the catalogue info included with this software is oftentimes pretty old, and some currently available products aren't in there. Autodesk does incorporate newly submitted info into the catalogue, but they don't hound the manufacturers to get it; basically, it's only there if the manufacturer gives it to Autodesk to add.

Good try you obviously didn’t view the Autodesk university videos from this year as the question was asked

a lot of dancing around the subject with Autodesk going on about begging manufactures for content but we both have been down this road before just tell the truth and I won’t hound you

Autodesk want the component manufactures to do all the hard work and create content for zero return a deal that nobody will take

where other ECAD companies have massive content now why is that and again Autodesk don’t want to play the game

the other ECAD companies have an online catalogue where as you can down load individual parts  or complete ranges of components now the component manufacture’s free supply to this because you have to register and the ECAD companies pass who has downloaded their data to the component manufactures which is something for their efforts and a certain ECAD company can prove that that has directly generated extra sales

so now you know why the parts catalogue for ACADE is regarded little more than a joke in certain regions of the world

Message 5 of 12
rhesusminus
in reply to: ccad2509

What video Colin?
Just searched the AU London 2019, but couldn't find any on AcadE?

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 12
ccad2509
in reply to: rhesusminus

it was the us las vegas one this year which was posted in this forum  video and audio the people speaking was a woman skyping into the conferance  and it was one of the ACADE presentations

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I just got AE a couple of months ago and it only came with AB 30mm buttons. I have the 2020 version.  One of the reasons I went with AE instead of Solidworks electrical was the catalog for the AB PLC. The PLC setup on SE was making me crazy. But I thought there would be no problem with AB 22mm ect. Until I got the software.  I did the whole add catalog and did AB but did not get the 22mm. I did Hoffman too as it was not in there to start but all I got was pushbutton enclosures. 265 of them. I can add manually but like but it would be nice if we could download it.

I read about AE not doing it because they do not want to go to manufacturers but want manufacturers to come to them.

I hope it does not bite them doing it.

Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful

Dennis

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I looked again for the 22mm pushbutton. There is a selection of 22mm but they are all selector switches. Not pushbuttons.  All the pushbuttons are red 30.5 mm. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I feel your frustration. I had to spend way to many hours adding such content myself.

Unfortunately it is a multiple step process that is done in several files in order to add them. This is probable why ACADE doesn't keep up with it, it is a good amount of work for each item. I added lots of items that I was able to find on manufacturers websites. But you have to add the information in the Catalog Browser (within the right category), then you have to make the DWG with the model of the item, then you have to link the DWG to the Catalog item through the Footprint Lookup Database Editor.

Message 10 of 12
ccad2509

Rather than just going with solid works or autodesk you might have checked who Rockwell has as an alliance partner its not autodesk or Solidworks

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Hi Dennis

Try searching 800FM* (metal) or 800FP* (plastic) in the pushbuttons category. There is many versions out of the box included with my copy of ACADE 2020. In general though unless you use a fairly small range of parts you're probably going to have to get comfortable editing blocks/catalog entries to add your own stuff. Even on ECAD platforms with much bigger libraries than ACADE I've found plenty of parts we regularly use that aren't included by default.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you, i did finally figure out what I was doing wrong and found the 800FP pushbuttons.  I appreciate all the replies and help. It was very informative.

Thanks again,Dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report