AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic wire numbering using "termdesc" for wire number

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Ken.castillo
569 Views, 9 Replies

Automatic wire numbering using "termdesc" for wire number

Is there a way to have a wire number automatically select the "TERMDESC" of a PLC pin? currently I am using select text and fixing the wire number, but that takes too long.

Thanks,

Ken

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Ken.castillo

Setup your project properties with the Search for PLC I/O address on insert:

Capture.JPG

Then change the PLC module TAGA_ to be what is in the TERMDESC_ area...

Capture.JPG

Viola!

Message 3 of 10
Ken.castillo
in reply to: Anonymous

This did not work

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Did you update the project properties and then apply them to the drawing that you inserted the PLC module onto?

Message 5 of 10
Ken.castillo

Yes I did.  I need all term desc transferred to the wires, not just the I/O, example would be. "CH9 NO" "CH9 COM" CH9 NC" These terminals are typical "Terminal Point Wire Rightx" and so on.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I setup a test module with the TAGA_ attribute set to exactly what the TERMDESC_ attribute is:

Capture.JPG

I inserted the module and ran wire number on the wires attached to it:

Capture.JPG

Pretty sure that is what you asked if it can be done.

The wire numbers are now the same as the terminal descriptions because I made the addresses the same as the terminal description.

You can even add what ever you want there:

Capture.JPG

Or you could make your TERMDESC_ the actual address... then use the TAGA_ as the TERMDESC_ such that you have what you may be looking for.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Then encode TAGA_ to be "CH9 NO" for that pin....

If you want the terminal description applied to the wire attached to it ACADE doesn't do that out of the box.

You'll have to write an AutoLISP tool to do that, or keep doing what you have been (copy and fix wire number).

You can only have the "ADDRESS" automatically applied to the wire number.

If you want both the address and the terminal description concatenated onto the wire attached to the terminal..., you'll have to write an AutoLISP tool to do that.

Message 8 of 10
Ken.castillo

As you can see, there is no TAGA_ unless you use an I/O but only a few points are I/O the rest are just terminals

PLC Database.PNG

Message 9 of 10
Ken.castillo

That is what I was starting to think.  Nate has some nifty LISP to do this kind of stuff

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Hmmm, nonaddressable points usually get their wire numbers from the ladder they are on...

I tried messing with the "X#TERM_" but it just gets reset when you run the wire numbering on that wire. So that doesn't look like a way to fix that terminals wire number.

or....

I don't supposed WD_JUMPERS would work for you...

Aren't those points commons, or +24VDC, that are connected inside the module?

Or...

Maybe altering the block that is used to build that point... add a TAGA## to it... I think it would show up in the PLC database editor then... maybe that would allow you to set it.

and of course... AutoLISP could surely do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report