AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Devices - Schematics and Panels

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
iewnhoff
455 Views, 2 Replies

Distribution Devices - Schematics and Panels

Hi, I am using a Mersen FSPDB3A Finger Safe Distribution block to provide 242VDC to a group of breakers.

I used "terminals without wire changes" on my schematics, calling out each pole as a "Pin".  My issue is I can't figure out how to create a panel symbol and link it to the terminal for my panel layout.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: iewnhoff

I have used a couple of different approaches for this scenario over the years.  I will describe the easier method below:

I assign the part number to the first terminal symbol I insert.  In the case of the PDB that I use, this is terminal 0 (zero), for example X1:0.  Each subsequent terminal that I assign to strip X1 will be assigned numbers 1 through 11.  My PDB has one input, lug 0 (zero) and 11 outputs, lugs 1 through 11.  The part number, which was only assigned to the first terminal (X1:0) is linked to a footprint that represents the PDB by making an entry into the Footprint Lookup database.  Insert the footprint using the Insert Terminal (Schematic List) utility, as shown in the attached screen capture.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
iewnhoff
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you.  I was doing all the same steps except for the insert terminal last step.  That did the trick!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report