AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Din Rail / Wireway Cut List

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
max.bauerly
139 Views, 3 Replies

Din Rail / Wireway Cut List

Hello All,

I'm wondering if it is possible to easily generate a cut list of din rail and gutter from a panel layout? We list the dimensions on our drawing but it would be nice if I could just create a document that says you need x pieces of din rail at this length, x pieces of wireway at this length, etc., and give that list to our panel shop technician. We are using din rail and wireway blocks generated with the wddinrl.xls file. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alds02
in reply to: max.bauerly

If there's a report for this, I haven't found it yet either. Mine are done by hand but I'd also like to know if there's a way to generate a cut list.

Message 3 of 4
jseefdrumr
in reply to: max.bauerly

I seem to remember that some users in the past have looked at using the user attributes to specify a length for these items but I'm not sure if anyone ever successfully got that information into a report. It's not a functionality I needed so I didn't really follow the topic. But I remember it being discussed on the forums before. Maybe there's a work around out there for this already?

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 4
alds02
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Usually I take note of the length when I insert the item, then type it into Count. That does get it into the panel BOM at least as a total.

alds02_0-1661870449125.pngalds02_1-1661870472180.png

So then when I make my cut list manually I can look up the length instead of adding all the extra dimensions to the panel layout. It is tedious and I leave it until last.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report