AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom symbol library

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
snorcisa7FS8E
520 Views, 4 Replies

Custom symbol library

Hello, I have some symbols that I created in the symbol menu under a special sub catagory with a company logo as the sub menu icon. Under that icon are various other custom symbol groups. The symbols themselves are out on the network. Do I have to customize each persons symbol menu to be able to see the special sub catagories on thier local machine or will it show up automatically on each persons local machine? The .png files for the slides are out on the network as well.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: snorcisa7FS8E

Maybe you should place the icon menu (*.dat file) at the server as well? Then everyone would automatically get all changes you make also.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
snorcisa7FS8E
in reply to: rhesusminus

Not to sound ignorant, but could you tell me where exactly to find that
file to put out on the server?
Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: snorcisa7FS8E

I'm on my phone now, so no screenshots.

But have a look in the help: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACAD_E/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-CE3F2EC1-1FA1-4EAD-993F-C79D21847BFE

Search for icon menu

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
snorcisa7FS8E
in reply to: rhesusminus

Ty!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report