AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Name plate with not data to display on Name Plate Report

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
leonardo.alvarez4SZJL
208 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Name plate with not data to display on Name Plate Report

Hi,

I am using AutoCAD Electrical, Windows 10.

I have create a custom name plate but have 0 luck on getting any data to display on Panel nameplate report. Would anyone guide me in the right direction. I have attached the custom nameplate I have created.

Best Regards,

Leo

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It works for me.

I inserted it like a vanilla block (drag and drop) and then again using the Nameplate command. Both insertions showed up on my nameplate report.

The block seems to be properly constructed, although technically the only attribute it needed was NP. ACADE adds what else it needs when you insert the symbol. I noticed that your DESC attributes have been shrunk and put up in the corner with the CAT and MFG attributes - remember, those are the fields that show up in the report. If you're not using them in your nameplate symbol, then they'll be blank in the report.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 6

@jseefdrumr 

Thank you for your help! All I needed was a catalog for the report to pick it up!

Message 4 of 6

Hi, @jseefdrumr 

I ended up creating a new catalog for the nameplate. And also mapped the nameplate using the Footprint data base editor.

Screenshot 2022-08-22 082218.png

The nameplate has a MF, CAT, and Also descriptions.

Capture.PNG

And I still have no result when I run the report!

Capture.PNG

Do you have any idea what might be causing an issue?

Message 5 of 6

Hi Jim,

I even read this thread 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-forum/nameplate-report-doesn-t-find-any-nameplates...

I tried your work flow which is what I usually do and still nothing!

Message 6 of 6

@jseefdrumr

Hi Jim,

I figured it out, all it needed was for me to add a FP attribute! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report