AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom block with multiple terminals

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dave6T27F
199 Views, 3 Replies

Custom block with multiple terminals

I'm having a lot of trouble with a custom block with multiple connection points. So, I went back to basics and:

1. Created a simple rectangle
  2. Used Symbol Builder to create a block using the rectangle
  3. Added two terminals, one on the left side of the rectangle and one on the right side
  4. Saved the block and inserted it into my drawing
  5. Created a wire going from blank space to the left side connection point
  6. Created another wire going from blank space to the right side connection point
  7. Created a destination arrow on the unattached side of the first wire referencing a source arrow on the same drawing (no problems so far)
  8. Created another destination arrow on the unattached side of the second wire, referencing a second source arrow on the same drawing. After this step, the destination arrow that I created in step 7 changes to reference the source arrow that I specified in step 8. 

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ttravisHJBRW
in reply to: dave6T27F

Ensure that the source-destination "code" is unique for each source-destination pair. 

Message 3 of 4
alds02

Can you upload the symbol and the test drawing please?

Message 4 of 4
tcoppens84SWP

There cannot be two destination arrows pointing to the same continuous wire network. Generally you need to have a component that breaks the path from one destination arrow to another. 

The reason being, as I understand it, is that when you place a destination arrow and link it to a source, the destination arrow takes the wire number from the source arrow's wire and forces it to the destination's wire. It traces through all the wires connected to its own via the tee dot symbol, source arrows, an internal jumper, or by being connected to the same single terminal point as another wire, to check if there's another destination. It's the same reason you can't have a fixed wire number on a wire network that has a destination arrow on it or vice versa; the destination arrow determines the wire number, always.

You may know this already, but for those who don't, wire numbers will change across a symbol when its wire connection attributes have different TERM## values, i.e. if the left terminal attribute is X4TERM01 and the right terminal attribute is X1TERM02, then the wire number will be different on the two wires (the X1 and X4 control which direction the wire extends from the terminal). If the left terminal attribute is X4TERM01 and the right is X1TERM01, then the wire numbers will be the same, like if there was no symbol on the wire at all. 

Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report