AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple User Workstations roll-out using Export/Import Zip Facility

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
mark.electricaldesign
126 Views, 0 Replies

Multiple User Workstations roll-out using Export/Import Zip Facility

The Export AutoCad 2024 Settings is a great utility for transferring settigns to other computers as it captures my Ribbon, Tool Bars and Option Settings.

I would like to use this to export a standard set of setting for a multiple station roll-out with multiple users.

Having done so, It is apparent that many settings contain reference to "AppData" which is clearly user specific.

eg C:\Users\MarkBoyce\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2024\R24.3\enu\Data Links

After importing the settings to another machine, that entry remains but of course MarkBoyce doesn't apply to that user and the link is therefore inaccessible.

Can such settings be safely changed to reference a C:\AutoCad\ Folder prior to Exporting.

eg C:\AutoCAD Electrical 2024\R24.3\enu\Data Links ?

This folder can contain the directory Tree as per "AppData" and Acade version. 

There are about 20 or so setting that I'm thinking of redirecting to a Non-User Specific Local location on each Workstation.

I understand that there is a registry copy and two folder copy option but it's a bit cumbersome.

Any thoughts as to why this could not be done would be welcome.

Many thanks

Mark

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report