AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact references bump into next rung

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
d_r_wrightVF9D3
582 Views, 8 Replies

Contact references bump into next rung

Good morning,

As you can see, the N.O. contact references bump into the next rung. Is there a way to make these references wrap around?

Thanks,

Doug

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

To wrap the xrefs, add vertical bar as a separater in the drawing and project properties, as per marked in RED below.

vertical bar.png

Ramesh Kambang
Aerospace System/Design Engineer and eVTOL/EWIS Expert
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question.
Message 3 of 9

If you dont want this to happen drawing wide or project wide  and want to do this rather manually, you can use tool from the dropdown menu, see marked in RED below.

xref wraps.png

Ramesh Kambang
EASA 21J, UK 21J, MAA DAOS, Certification Specification CS23-29, CS-ANCS, CS-STAN and EVTOL
Message 4 of 9

I also realized that you can right click the attribute, choose Squeeze Attribute/Text, then clicking the attribute one or more times decreases the width of the attribute. Your answer, however more accurately addressed my original question.

Thanks,

Doug

Message 5 of 9

OK that is a nifty one also. Thanks

Message 6 of 9

Keep in mind the following:

If you use the 'change cross-reference text to multiline text' tool, that what ACADE does is move that from being an attribute to being an MTEXT object. As far as I know, it can't be undone without deleting/replacing the symbol.

If you use the 'squeeze' tool, ACADE will adjust the width factor of the attribute to make things fit.

Make sure that neither of these actions will go against whichever standard you have to use. (for instance, I'm not supposed to change width factor so 'squeeze' is a useless tool for me.)

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 7 of 9

Good Point

Message 8 of 9
HyperOle
in reply to: d_r_wrightVF9D3

Hi, related to this topic: are there any way of splitting the reference list in to several rows? I have now set it up as "Graphical Format".

Skjermbilde 2021-02-10 124940.jpg

 Do I have to set it up in "Table Format" and re-install the block in order for the references to split as I want?

regards,

Ole 

Message 9 of 9
ramesh.kambang
in reply to: HyperOle

Set XREF in Text format and add vertical bar as shown on the post. Hope this helps

Ramesh Kambang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report