AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component attribute font not changing after "Modify Symbol Library"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tcoppens84SWP
304 Views, 3 Replies

Component attribute font not changing after "Modify Symbol Library"

My company uses a standardized text style of Arial font, 0.09375 text height, and 0.8 width factor. I wanted to modify all attribute text styles in the "jic125" library, so I used "Modify Symbol Library" to make the changes. I watched as it went through each dwg file and changed the attribute text to the proper size/width. I closed ACADE, went to that library on my C: drive (the existing project does point to this schematic library), opened one of the files, and confirmed that it had been changed. When I go to insert these symbols, though, the font hasn't changed. I can open the dwg for the symbol itself in ACADE, and the text displays just fine the way I modified it.

What I've tried:

- There are no blocks to purge besides the title block, wd_m, and wd_mlrh.

- When I ATTSYNC the block, it only changes the attributes' layers to 0.

- AESWAPBLOCK does not change anything when I choose the modified symbol dwg, and following that with an ATTSYNC just changes the attributes' layers, again, to 0.

- I modified the "wd.env" file so that WD_LIB corresponds to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2022\Libs/jic125 for the "Symbol Insertion and Library Paths".

I'm out of ideas. What gives??

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: tcoppens84SWP

I am not a font expert but let me ask a couple questions. 

I am not sure what you exactly mean by "standardized text style of Arial font, 0.09375 text height, and 0.8 width factor".  Is this a newly created version or standard Arial with changes on the properties?

Go to a new drawing.  Type in Style on the command line.  Is your font listed in the available options?  Look at box for defaults on left and pull down for Font Name.

EDIT*  New drawing is important since an older drawing may already have styles in use along with existing blocks.

Message 3 of 4
tcoppens84SWP
in reply to: jallenDBQ7U

Before we switched to ACADE, we were using ACADLT.  In ACADLT we used a text style that I created with these properties (font set to standard Arial, text height 0.09375, and width factor 0.8). 

Your comment got me thinking, and after some more tinkering, I remembered that I could just modify the properties of the WD text style itself in my schematic drawing. That seemed to work.

What I think happened was that the properties of the WD style in my schematic drawing did not match the properties of the WD style in the symbol .dwg files. The schematic drawing's WD properties must have taken precedence over the symbol's. I'll just have to change my template file to reflect the correct properties in the WD style. 

Thanks. You nudged me in the right direction, so we'll call yours the solution. Deal?

Message 4 of 4
jallenDBQ7U
in reply to: tcoppens84SWP

I am glad you found a solution.  If someone else replies with a better option feel free to switch who gets the solution.  I am not so much into getting a check mark as I am in collaborating with other users to help us solve our problems.  I am also not a high level AE user at this point, so it also helps me build my skills to venture into areas where I haven't done as much.

I have dealt with similar problems to yours in the past and it seems like the drawing was using existing settings from prior work on the current drawing rather than using settings (such as the font settings in your case) from the new symbol, block, etc.  I don't think mine was a font issue though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta