AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plot Issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1706 Views, 3 Replies

Batch Plot Issues

Myself and my team has had many challenges with having a good plotter setup. We currently use standard page layouts for our templates and .pc3 files. We print to B size prints (11x17)  prints to our Xerox and then D size prints to an HP plotter. When i use the normal plot command to plot a drawings layout tab it works without any issues, but batch plot is ALWAYS hit or miss. 

So single plotting a B size or D size prints works without any issues. Also, using AEPUBLISH to create a multi sheet PDF works without issues. 

The biggest issue is that my prints get cutout as shown in the included image. The second biggest issue is sometimes it will print 11x17 prints onto 8.5x11" size paper even though single plotting prints will work normal and use 11x17" paper. 

References to my included images

1. We use a Layout1 tab and that's what the batch plot setup is set to.

2. I've typically used the "Use layout tab's default"

3. I've also tried using the "Use plot configuration (.pc3) and made sure it had the B SIZE PRINTS.PC3 for that printer. 

Batch Plot SetupBatch Plot SetupB Size Layouts Page Setup/.PC3B Size Layouts Page Setup/.PC3D Size Layouts Page Setup/.PC3D Size Layouts Page Setup/.PC3Example of issue when batch plottingExample of issue when batch plotting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
OP21
in reply to: Anonymous

Just curious if printing "Extents" instead of "Layout" in the Plot Area changes anything when the dwg is printed?

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

worth trying  

What to plot :   EXTENT in plot area

and tick Center the plot  , fit to paper

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus

I would think this is related:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Plots-...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta