AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoLISP or Script

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
sukhmeeth
353 Views, 8 Replies

AutoLISP or Script

hi 

can anyone here help write a lisp routine that can be run project wide to hide/show attributes . The user must be given an option to select an object , write or select attribute name and also select multiple drawings from the project. 

I have a code that updates the attribute value , attaching that - Please help change that to hide/show attributes

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
vladop
in reply to: sukhmeeth

Attached file might be helpful.

Please read this post:

Re: Script AEHIDEATT - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD Electrical

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 3 of 9
sukhmeeth
in reply to: vladop

Thanks ! this helped is there something like this for showATT too !
Message 4 of 9
vladop

Visibility is controlled by the first bit of the group code 70. 

In attached LISP file this group code is stored in xx variable: (setq xx (cdr (assoc 70 ed))).

This is description of all four bits, but I think you are not interested in other three (2, 4 and 8):

1 = Attribute is invisible (does not appear)
  2 = This is a constant attribute
  4 = Verification is required on input of this attribute
  8 = Attribute is preset (no prompt during insertion)

Some examples (bit 1 which controls visibility is marked red):

Group code=9. Binary it is 100

Attribute is invisible (bit1=1), Not constant (bit2=0), Verification not required (bit3=0), Preset(bit4=1)

Group code=12. Binary it is 110

Attribute is visible (bit1=0), Not constant (bit2=0), Verification is required (bit3=1), Preset(bit4=1)

Group code=3. Binary it is 0011

Attribute is invisible (bit1=1), Constant (bit2=1), Verification not required (bit3=0), Not preset(bit4=0)

Group code=1. Binary it is 0001

Attribute is invisible (bit1=1), Not constant (bit2=0), Verification not required (bit3=0), Not preset(bit4=0)

If (= (logand xx 1) 0) expression IS TRUE than the first bit is eqaul to 0 (that means that attribute is visible).

To make it invisible use (1+ xx) expression. This expression only increments first bit without changing other bits.

If you want to make it visible than do the opposite:

If (= (logand xx 1) 0) expression IS NOT TRUE than the first bit is eqaul to 1 (that means that attribute is invisible)

To make it visible use (1- xx) expression. This expression only decrements first bit without changing other bits.

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 5 of 9
sukhmeeth

Yes i was able to figure that out and had both the routines working project wide. Thanks for the detailed explanation. The first post was also really helpful .
Message 6 of 9
vladop

Message 7 of 9
sukhmeeth

Yeah I saw this but I wanted to make a lisp routine that toggles visibility project wide instead of going drawing by drawing because the projects I am working on have more than 200 drawings .
And yes I was able to make both the routines showATT and hideATT successfully that runs project wide.
Message 8 of 9
vladop

I meant using  vla-put-invisible insted of the group codes.

Message 9 of 9
sukhmeeth

I had tried that but that does not work for multiple drawings ! only working for active Document

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report