AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto wire tagging issues on Custom Symbols

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
476 Views, 8 Replies

Auto wire tagging issues on Custom Symbols

I create 2 symbols. Symbol1 and Symbol2 both have 9 Circled Terminals with Left/right/up/down connectors.

I will run a wire from each symbols Terminla 1-9 and I connect no problem using X.

The problem I have is when I try to use the Wire Tagging Drawing-wide. It only tags 2 of the wires.

As you can see the image below only the Green and Brown wire types get numbered.

If I try to edit any of the other wires it only changes the brown wire.WireTaging1.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

Without actually looking at the file for that block, my best guess is that you have some issues with your X?TERM and TERM associations. These should match on a per-terminal basis. To determine if this is indeed your issue, know the following:
*Each terminal (TERM attribute) should have a unique ID (usually just its terminal number, or perhaps A,B,C, etc.)
*Each wire connection (X?TERM) on THAT terminal should carry that terminal's ID

EXAMPLE: assume you have a two-pin terminal, labeled A and B. You want four wire connections on each one.
*terminal 1: TERM01 will be its attribute and its value will be 'A'
the four connections will be X1TERM01, X2TERM01, X4TERM01, and X8TERM01

*terminal 2: TERM02 will be its attribute and its value will be 'B'
the connections will be X1TERM02, X2TERM02, X4TERM02, and X8TERM02

In the wire connection attribute, the X? part tells ACADE which direction the wire is coming from. The TERM?? part tells it which terminal it belongs to.

Note that the X?TERM will pass a wire number. This can be seen in the video you posted, where the wire on terminal 2 wants to inherit the number from terminal 3. I'm willing to bet that if you check out the X?TERM attributes in those terminals, you will find that they have the exact same ones. I think this is why your terminal 2 is inheriting terminal 3's wire number. No terminals in any symbol should have identical wire connection attributes.

Just curious, did you use the Symbol Builder tool to create the symbol?

Hope this helps,
Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Thanks for replying. Yes, I did use the symbol builder and they are just like you said and from what I see each TERM has proper naming.

I've opened other symbols that came with ACADE2017,2016,2015 and I don't see anything different other than my pattern is a CIRCLE.

I created a connector with 9 terminals and positioned them vertically and it works. 

Would Circle pattern cause it to fail?

WireTaging3.JPG

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I am still quite new to ACADE so this is only a guess but, what happens if you try to add wire numbers without the wires connected to the block on the left? Did you create the block on the left as well? If so, perhaps there is a problem with these X?TERM attributes.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Yes I did create it, but then I thought the same that it might be the problem so I used ACADE Terminals and still same result

thanks

Message 6 of 9
rhesusminus

What the distance between the connection points (X?TERMXX) ?

2017-01-04_11-18-22.png

Is it less that the wire trap distance?

2017-01-04_11-19-25.png

If you use the AESHOWWIRESEQ command... Does it say that they are all connected`?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

The distance is smaller .2 vs the .6

WireTaging4.JPG

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I found a solution so far its been working.

When creating my symbol I was giving it a name of number 2000281_001.

Once I renamed them and put a letter first A_2000281_001 the symbol worked like it should.

Message 9 of 9
rhesusminus

You really should have a look at the symbol naming rules for AcadE: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta