AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Attribute Text in Non-Annotative Block [AutoCAD Electrical]

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tcoppens84SWP
300 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Attribute Text in Non-Annotative Block [AutoCAD Electrical]

Hello, all,

So the boss-man has brought up multiple times that he wants to have ALL text in our drawings be 9/32" tall on the page. Easy enough with schematic symbols, among the first things I did when we upgraded to Electrical was doing the modify library command (which hijacked my computer for about five hours). I've got our dimensions and revision triangles set up as annotative; they're working as intended. I need to be able to do the same with footprint tags, ratings, etc, that show up on the panel drawings. The idea is to have only the attributes increase/decrease in height relative to the size of the component drawing when the panel is viewed in larger/smaller scales, and for smaller components' attributes to disappear at larger scales. 

Things get wonky with annotative attributes. I can create a block whose attributes are annotative at every scale in the current drawing, but as soon as I save the block in the editor, the annotative property is toggled off for the attributes. Setting the overall block as annotative works fine; the picture scales with the viewport, but so do the attributes. Is there a way to have just the attributes be annotative, and not the component drawing? Why can you make attributes annotative in the editor if the property is toggled off as soon as you save the block?

@tcoppens84SWP 

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia. Original: Annotative Attribute Text in Non-Annotative Block

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: tcoppens84SWP

Because AutoCAD Electrical isn't compatible with standard AutoCAD functionality. Like Dynamic Blocks and other good stuff....

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
tcoppens84SWP
in reply to: rhesusminus

Well shoot. It's a shame that a lot of the most useful features of vanilla AutoCAD were stripped away in Electrical.

Message 4 of 4

@tcoppens84SWP 

Hello, I just accepted the @rhesusminus answer as a solution, knowing it's an appropriate answer that will save other users time. If this is not correct, please reply to my post so I can unmark the solution so you can continue the discussion in the thread. In that case, could you post more information on your request?

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta