AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof style

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
368 Views, 2 Replies

Roof style

Looking for some assistance in drawing this roof/edge style, or maybe just if someone could help identify this style edge I could google a detail to draw it. The lower slope seems to be a standard angle because this specific house has a gable on the left side with a lower peak than the ones pictured and it looks like it matches that roof slop (compared to the gables pictured- you can see the roof is a higher slope angle). 

Also, what drawing command is used for the second gable wall? (The upper one) is this just another wall placed on top of the original? Like if it were a 2nd story wall?

20200612_085241.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
R_Tweed
in reply to: Anonymous

This looks like a dutch hip with zero setback to me. I've attached a dwg as an example.

Annotation 2020-06-24 161350.png

Message 3 of 3
R_Tweed
in reply to: R_Tweed

Based on the method posted previously you can adjust the roof for a deeper setback as shown. To get the gable wall that is above I offset the original wall drew a rectangle around the top of the wall and projected the floor line to the polyline.

Annotation 2020-06-24 162132.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta