Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Door Tag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
harry.zolbie
502 Views, 3 Replies

Integrated Door Tag

Hello guys!

I am using AutoCAD Architecture and for a long time I have been searching for a solution for integrated door markers. My desire is a simple door tag which contains the measurements of the AEC door and dynamically changes as the door alters. The tag should be contained within the door block itself.

A possible solution would be if I could create from scratch a custom door block that works in the same principle as AEC objects?

Till now I have tried (with zero success):

• modifying the Door Style Display Properties by adding blocks, but the texts and attributes don’t appear that way;
  • adapting the automatic Autocad tags to my needs.

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jabcad
in reply to: harry.zolbie

I created a Schedule Tag for my doors years ago based off the Standard Doors Sizes on my doors.  Is this what you are asking for?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Regardless of OP's wants are, I would like this please.

Message 4 of 4
rbinning345

@harry.zolbie 

This works for a door tag to display the way you want.  

You'll need to update the multi-view block you are using to tag your doors with the following:

Edit your existing display block used in the tag or assign a new one with the following:

1.) An attribute  with DOOROBJECTS:HEIGHT, set to justify MIDDLE RIGHT, with its origin point at 0,0

2.) An attribute with DOOROBJECTS:WIDTH, set to justify MIDDLE LEFT, with its origin point at 0,0

ACA_FORUM.png

Make sure to ATTSYNC your display block after the change.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report