AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup Classic work space in acad2017 Architecture

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lpalshan710
1825 Views, 7 Replies

How to setup Classic work space in acad2017 Architecture

I can not get, How to setup Classic work space in acad2017 Architecture?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: lpalshan710

There is very little 'classic' content in modern ARCHITECTURE variants to do that quickly anymore. sorry.

You are welcome to spend a month or two creating your own master 'classic' menu file of course, with pulldown menus and toolbars, CUI command is the place to start. Tutorials are here https://www.cad-notes.com/exploring-autocad-cui-introduction-1/
Message 3 of 8
lpalshan710
in reply to: pendean

This is to complex for me to follow. can anybody help me with this?!?
Message 4 of 8
David_W_Koch

@lpalshan710 

Welcome to the community!

I am afraid that most of us accepted that the ACA interface had moved to the ribbon and learned to use it.  There may be some hold-outs who have migrated their 2009 CUIX from release to release and who may be willing to share.  You will miss out on having commands and features added after that release in the CUIX file, although I suppose you could transfer any you really wanted via the CUI command.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 8
lpalshan710
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I am trying to use CUI.  I go to add taps and toolbars and the don't appear in ribbon,  I could add Draw tap but others do not appear in ribbon. I am confused! is there video how to customize  ribbon setup?

Please help thanks.

Message 6 of 8
David_W_Koch

@lpalshan710 wrote:

I am trying to use CUI.  I go to add taps and toolbars and the don't appear in ribbon,  I could add Draw tap but others do not appear in ribbon. I am confused! is there video how to customize  ribbon setup?

Please help thanks.

I am confused now as well.  My understanding of "classic workspace" is one where the ribbon is turned off, and the pull-down menus and toolbars are the primary interface elements used for initiating commands.

The out-of-the-box ACA.cuix has just the Array Edit toolbar.  In 2010, they removed all the toolbars, but Array Edit was added to AutoCAD afterwards and made its way into the ACA.cuix as well.  If you want toolbars, you will either have to transfer them from ACAD.cuix (for vanilla AutoCAD commands) or create your own (for AutoCAD Architecture commands).  The ACA development team made a conscious decision to focus on the newly added, more modern ribbon, rather than trying to maintain support for ribbon and toolbars.

So are you trying to create a "classic" pull-downs and toolbars interface, or something else?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 8
_Steven_

@lpalshan710  a écrit :

I can not get, How to setup Classic work space in acad2017 Architecture?

Hi @lpalshan710,

When AutoCAD Architecture 2020 was released, I explained how to work with AutoCAD Architecture as AutoCAD. I also explained how to create a classic AutoCAD workspace with AutoCAD Architecture. However, if you work with AutoCAD Architecture as AutoCAD, using the ribbon or the classic toolbars, you won't be able to work with AEC objects.

In the video I've made, starting at 4'08", you'll see how to create a classic AutoCAD workspace with the classic toolbars in AutoCAD Architecture.
The video is in French, there are no automatic English subtitles. However, I hope you'll be able to understand the explanation.
I'm sorry for my poor English, as I had to use an automatic translator.

Original text :

Lors de la sortie d'AutoCAD Architecture 2020, j'ai expliqué comment travailler avec AutoCAD Architecture en tant qu'AutoCAD. J'ai également expliqué comment créer un espace de travail AutoCAD classique avec AutoCAD Architecture. Cependant, si vous travaillez avec AutoCAD Architecture en tant qu'AutoCAD, en utilisant le ruban ou les barres d'outils classiques, vous ne pourrez pas travailler avec des objets AEC.

Dans la vidéo que j'ai réalisée, à partir de 4'08", vous verrez comment créer un espace de travail AutoCAD classique avec les barres d'outils classiques dans AutoCAD Architecture.
La vidéo est en français, il n'y a pas de sous-titres automatiques en anglais. Cependant, j'espère que vous pourrez comprendre les explications.
Je suis désolé pour mon mauvais anglais, car j'ai dû utiliser un traducteur automatique.

Steven

Ce post vous a été utile ? N'hésitez pas à aimer ce post.
Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton APPROUVER LA SOLUTION en dessous de la réponse.

« L’homme de bien n’exige pas de l’autre qu’il soit parfait, il l’aide à accomplir ce qu’il a en lui de meilleur. »
Lao Tseu
Message 8 of 8
andkal

Here is a tutorial how to turn on Classic toolbars in Autocad, if classic toolbars is what you are lookign for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6_xb6D4Img

• www.autolisps.blogspot.com - Productivity plugins for Autocad and Autocad MEP
• Autodesk AppStore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report