AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import a new material into the AEC wall style, for example?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
_Steven_
672 Views, 3 Replies

How do I import a new material into the AEC wall style, for example?

Hi everyone,

When you want to add a material to an AEC wall style, for example, how do you import a new material into the style?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Salut à tous,

Lorsqu'on souhaite ajouter un matériaux dans un style de mur AEC par exemple, comment importer un nouveaux matériaux dans le style de celui-ci ?

IMPORTER_UN_MATRERIAUX_DANS_AA.png

Steven

Ce post vous a été utile ? N'hésitez pas à aimer ce post.
Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton APPROUVER LA SOLUTION en dessous de la réponse.

« L’homme de bien n’exige pas de l’autre qu’il soit parfait, il l’aide à accomplir ce qu’il a en lui de meilleur. »
Lao Tseu
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: _Steven_

It is a two-step process.  First you need to set up a Material Definition (with the desired Render material and other Display Settings).  Then assign that Material Definition to a Wall Component in your Wall Style.

In order for the Display Settings in the Material Definition to be unique for each definition, they are done as Style-level Overrides.  Before Material Definitions were introduced, you would have had to set Style-level Overrides to each Wall Style, and if any changes needed to be made, you had to edit every Wall Style that had a component of a given "material".  Material Definitions allow you to push the overrides to the Material Definition, and have one place to edit if you need to make a change to a given "material" and have it be applied to all Wall Styles that use it.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
_Steven_
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure I've understood everything, as I don't know if the Deppl translator has translated what you're explaining, but what I want to do is not to know how to assign a material to a wall, I want to know how to import new materials into AutoCAD Architecture.
In fact, I'd like to know how to create a new material from an image.
For example, if in the choice of materials I have the choice between wood, concrete or metal, as these are materials integrated into AutoCAD Architecture, I would like to import a new material Porcelain, for example, which would not exist in the choices offered by AutoCAD Architecture.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Salut David,

Merci pour ta réponse, mais je ne suis pas sur d'avoir tout compris ne sachant pas si c'est le traducteur Deppl qui a bien traduit ce que tu m'explique mais ce que je souhaite faire, ce n'ai pas savoir comment assigner un matériaux à un mur, je souhaite comment savoir importer de nouveaux matériaux dans AutoCAD Architecture.
En effet, si je souhaiterais savoir comment créer un nouveau matériaux à partir d'une image.
Par exemple, si dans le choix des matériaux j'ai le choix entre du bois, du béton ou du métal, car ce sont des matériaux intégrés à AutoCAD Architecture, je souhaite importer un nouveau matériaux Porcelaine, par exemple, qui n'existerait pas dans les choix que me propose AutoCAD Architecture.

Steven

Ce post vous a été utile ? N'hésitez pas à aimer ce post.
Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton APPROUVER LA SOLUTION en dessous de la réponse.

« L’homme de bien n’exige pas de l’autre qu’il soit parfait, il l’aide à accomplir ce qu’il a en lui de meilleur. »
Lao Tseu
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: _Steven_

It sounds like you want to create a new Material Definition.

The steps for doing that are outlined in this article (and the articles to which it links) in the on-line help.  Perhaps the French link would be a better place to start.

I would also suggest taking a look at the out-of-the-box Material Definitions, to see how they are put together.  Each has settings for multiple Display Representations.  Note that these are all done as Style Overrides - otherwise, every Material Definition would have the same settings.  The image used to set how the material renders is specified on the Other tab of the Display Properties.

2024-07-05_10-07-47.PNG

If there is a similar material in the out-of-the-box content, you may find it easier to make a copy of that, rename it, and change the settings that need changing, rather than starting from scratch.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report