AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
heather_o
558 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic Blocks

I saw a block that used 1 distance between several visibility states.  When I tried to do that, my grip disappeared when I switched between the different states.  How do I fix this?  

I'm creating parking spaces.  I'm able to add as many as I need.  One visibility state is with tire stops and the other is without.  When I switch to the one with tire stops, my grip disappears and I'm not able to change the number of parking spaces.  

I'm using autocad 2019

Thanks for your time and input!

Heather

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: heather_o

There is a dedicated Dynamic Block forum over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks-forum/bd-p/154

Or do you need to just pick up Autodesk's Vehicle Tracking software (it does parking lots too) https://www.imaginit.com/software/autodesk-products/vehicle-tracking
Message 3 of 6
heather_o
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, but I couldn't find an answer to my question.  I did end up in a rabbit hole of dynamic blocks  🙂

Message 4 of 6
R_Tweed

Hi Heather,

I would like to see your block to compare with mine.  I've attached the standard parking space block that I use. It's locked to 9' spacing but you can change the depth and it has space counter built in. It also has wheel stops.  Might be what your talking about?

To answer your question about the display issue. You can select any item in the block editor, right click and there will be an option to show for all states.

.parking.png

Message 5 of 6
heather_o
in reply to: R_Tweed

Here is my block.  I created a "future" in the pulldown menu just in case I wanted to add to the block.  🙂

I don't know how to add a counter that would continue on every space.  

Message 6 of 6
R_Tweed

It looks like your including a 6" curb at the end?  That's a good idea.   I don't know how to have each space get a label either (1,2,3...).  I used distance1 value for my attribute and then a conversion factor to divide that value by the width of space which fixed at 9 so total length of 9/9=1 space.  1/9=0.111111111  which gives me a total number of spaces per row. I then use dataextraction to a table so I can have a running total.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report