AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door and Window Tags

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DavidKU97E
1074 Views, 3 Replies

Door and Window Tags

The question is there a way to change the default starting number for window and door tags.  When I started, they used to start from the right number, and would automatically sequentially number after the first of each tag went in.  Over the last number of months though, the door tags always want to start with 1472, and the window tags with 90, so they each need to be changed.  I have tried looking it up several times over the months but cannot find an answer.  Maybe I am not asking Mr. Google the proper wording to find an answer

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: DavidKU97E

Somewhere in your file you have a Door that has the DoorObjects:Number property set to 1471 and a Window that has the WindowObjects:Number property set to 89.  Perhaps these are not actually seen in the drawing, but are included in a Block Definition that has not been placed.  When adding a Property Set that includes an Auto Increment - Integer property to an object, AutoCAD Architecture will scan the drawing looking for all of the other objects with that property, and will take the highest value it finds and add one to it.

If that is not the case, check your Property Set Definition.  Auto Increment properties have a default value.  Typically, these are set to 1 (for Auto Increment - Integer) or A (for Auto Increment - Character).  While unlikely, the default Number property value could be 1471 for Doors and 89 for Windows.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DavidKU97E
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you @Anonymous_W_Koch  and yes, I think you are correct as I never start a drawing from scratch and always start with an existing file.

I guess I will just continue to renumber each time.

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: DavidKU97E

You could always try purging all unreferenced blocks to see if that helps.  If there are visible Doors and Windows in the file that you have no intention of deleting, then purging blocks may only change the initial number, rather than resetting it to 1.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report