AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Style with True Color Solid Hatch Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bgagan
645 Views, 4 Replies

Wall Style with True Color Solid Hatch Problem

Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with true color solid hatch at wall cleanup areas? Specifically, going from autocad architecture 2018 (which displays correctly) to version 2021? 

ACAD 2018 Walls-cropped.pngACAD 2021 Walls2-cropped.PNG

The image with the black background is Autocad Architecture 2018. The white background shows the problem in version 2021. The darker filled areas print out as black, not as the true color gray (RGB 170,170,170). Please fill free to look at the drawing file.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: bgagan

Known display issue in 2021: no fix.
Message 3 of 5
bgagan
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the tip.

I guess staying away from using true color solid hatches in wall styles is something to keep in mind moving forward. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I am having the same problem.  Doesn't matter which setting I change or which printer I use.  

It does not happen in the same location on every drawing, but every drawing has this issue.

CAD Wall Print Issue.PNG

Message 5 of 5
R_Tweed

Is this only happening in wall fills or does it happen with space object displays as well?  We are still using 2020 so I cannot test on my side but am curious.  Have you tried using color 253 or an adjacent color and defining the associated pen in your ctb file as your grey?  We tried both true colors and screening and decided to use a screened black for our grey scale pens.  We use true color fills for "color" and have determined our grey steps using the 251-254. It doesn't solve or fix the issue with grey true colors but may solve your printing problem.

If you know this already, please disregard.

170/255=67% white so screening  33% of black should give you the same shade. 100% screening = black with a lower value equaling less black by percentage.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 095532.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta