AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Display

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
stephen.taylor9
366 Views, 8 Replies

Wall Display

How do you remove the yellow boxes which appear attached to wall ends in plan view?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: stephen.taylor9

They are probably dimension markers indicating there is a dimension that can't display. Why are you using 1:1 annotation scale? You are looking at a building after all, not a door knob.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 9
pendean

This need to be  paper scale to match your print output

Capture.PNG 

Message 4 of 9
stephen.taylor9
in reply to: dbroad

Theres no dimensions on this drawing. It's a construct in Architecture rather than a drawing. It looks like a set out point or something attached to the actual wall itself. I've looked in the wall style display but cant see anything to turn them off.

Message 5 of 9
dbroad

Did you change the annotation scale?  Post the drawing if you continue having issues.

Message 6 of 9
stephen.taylor9

Yeah, changed scale but I think its to do with the wall style itself. I've attached the drawing below.

Cheers

Message 7 of 9
dbroad

There are no particular problems with the interior drawing, although, it is certainly a strange bird.  Here are some non-standard items:

• Parallel walls that are really only wall layers, such as gypsum board.  Typically a wall is a single object that is made of multiple component layers.
  • Linework that appears to be used as one or more layout grids. Typically you use a grid for this.
  • AEC wall openings in the same locations as doors. Typically, you need only a door to create an opening but you may be running into issues since you are running multiple walls as if they are components parallel to one another.  I suggest using the out of the box walls and modifying them.

Look for issues in your xreffed drawings. We can't see those since they weren't posted.

Message 8 of 9
stephen.taylor9

Thanks for that. It's actually a timber frame wall, from a timber frame manufacturing program which is a bolt on to architecture. Thats why the plasterboard is drawn seperate to the wall itself.

Its the actual set out point of the wall, or something, that seems to be displayed. I just want to get rid of these if possible.

Message 9 of 9
dbroad

You probably should work with your timber frame program writers to avoid the need for multiple parallel walls.  It's much easier to maintain a single wall than 3 or 4 parallel walls.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report