AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Underlay not plotting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1643 Views, 2 Replies

PDF Underlay not plotting

This one is a real head scratcher. I have a small sketch that is a PDF that I have xrefed into a drawing, and set up in a viewport in paper space. It displays fine, but when you go to plot preview the image disappears. Upon further inspection, I noticed that it will work perfectly until you size the viewport so all the edges of the frame are hidden by the viewport, then the image won't show in the plot preview. I have looked at all the obvious things..it's not on a frozen layer, it's not on a defpoint layer, the layer it's on is not set to no plot,  I have re pathed it, unloaded and reloaded it, changed layers. I have also tried to leave the frame showing in the viewport and change the PDFFRAME variable to display and not print, but that didn't work either...actually, I have tried every PDFFRAME and FRAME variable..no luck. I tried duplicating it in a new drawing and it doesn't happen...works perfectly fine in a new drawing. Is there some SETVAR or option that could be changed that would cause this to happen ? I didn't create the drawings, it was done by someone else. The same exact thing happens with another drawing in the set, with a different PDF underlay, on a different sheet and viewport. I ended up converting the PDF to a .PNG in Photoshop and using that instead and that works fine, but not getting a resolution on the problem is driving me crazy..I must know!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

post  the drawing and the pdf if you can.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

>>>... go to plot preview the image disappears...<<<
If it's not on a NOPLOT layer do you have "hide" box checked on the PLOT pop-up or the display style setting of the viewport is something other than shademode=2D?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report